Thursday, November 18, 2010

A Wish

I stood up after meditation, and smiled at the beautiful view of the sunlit garden. I felt (and still feel) completely satisfied with life and the present moment. I thought:

May all people experience this profound happiness, and may they find freedom from the emotions and thoughts that are the cause of their suffering.

I truly wish that I could share this feeling of joy and freedom with all people -- I wish that we would recognize that the suffering that blocks our happiness originates entirely from within our minds (not the outside world), and that we can take simple steps to eliminate it.

This is not something abstract or idealized; through practice and perseverance, I was able to transform myself from insecure and unhappy to happy and fulfilled. If I could do it, anyone can.

(some guys wearing kilts opposite E52 facing the Charles)