Friday, January 28, 2011

Don't forget

Today I got caught reading a long Khmer Rouge survival story (that triggered some thoughts).

When we went out to interview people for a sanitation project in rural Cambodia, I sometimes stopped listening as they spoke; I couldn't help but wonder what their eyes had seen during those years.

Back in the US, I find it hard listen to the idle chit-chat about the newest gadgets, random music, or someone's latest startup idea. It's not that thoughts of tragedy make me depressed -- rather, they strengthen my motivation to help. I'm reminded that life is short, and that we must maintain focus on that which is truly meaningful. So many still need the help that we are fully capable of providing (if we could only stop worrying about the little things in our own lives).

Find your inspiration, and make it happen :)